1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher SS Pro Caster Tecuseh Motor.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ATouchofGrass, Jan 17, 2009.

1. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

Well yesterday i have my mechanic clean the carburetor on my 10HP Tecumseh motor on my Fisher Stainless Steel Sander and i got it back and tried to start it up and gas was just flowing out of the exhaust. I noticed that it had some fluid on the shoot but thought it was just water. But i originally brought it in for a starting issue thinking it could have been a starter or solinoid, but still have yet to figure it out. Does anyone think that some water could have gotten into the "float" of the carborator and since it sat outside it could have frozen up? But then today i brought it to ASAP in bridgeport CT and i use them for everything because they are very reliable. But today i was there from 9am to 1pm. Trying to figure out what was going on with it, we put a used part of a carborator (where the float is located) and it worked but then we drove an hour home and it just started to click and drain gas out of the exhaust again. Now im out 200 bucks and back to square one with a sander not working and a storm coming tonight with no power equipments open tomorrow or monday. If anyone is local and knows anything about these problems and can fix it for tomorrow that would be GREAT! I'll have a 30 pack and cash in hand! PM me for contact info. :dizzy:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009