1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher spreader question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by CLC, Feb 17, 2010.

1. CLC

CLC Junior Member

I have a fisher pro-caster spreader maybe a 2000-01 it has a honda engine with a pulley drive to the gearbox. With more then a 1/2 a yard the spreader wont spin freely. I have to keep hitting the blast button over and over, anything else the belt squeals. My squestion is can I switch it to chaine a sprockets? If so where and how? I have a new conveyor chain & adjusted, bearings grease, good material and spreader up off truck bed floor.
    Thanks

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If you hold the blast button will it work OK? Is the belt new?

3. CLC

CLC Junior Member

new belt and no i have to keep tapping blast every sec

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Have you confirmed it's the belt slipping, and not the clutch?

5. CLC

CLC Junior Member

yes it is the belt any ideas?

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I haven't used/looked at mine in a year, but there must be a way to tighten the belt. Loosen the motor bolts?

7. CLC

CLC Junior Member

Now this is one thing I havent done, thanks so much for the idea! I will keep you updated

8. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Fisher does sell a switch over kit from belt to chain...... I have a belt.. so far so good..... i'm having problems with my throtle switch though!