1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Spreader a rebadged Western?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by MickiRig1, Oct 18, 2005.

1. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I was given a OLD Fisher Stainless Salt Spreader by a friend,he found it in a scrap pile he cleaned up. It has Fisher Stickers all over it but no model number. The motor is mounted inside with white/green/black wires.
    It looks just like the Western Spreader pictured on page 59 in the Central Parts Warehouse catalog. Are these just rebadged --> Fisher?
    It's bolted into a heavy angle iron cage that's painted orange.
    Think the Western Parts are interchangable? The motor works,but no controller with it. I need to figure out a value for a rheostat and make a controller.
  2. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

Douglas Dynmaics own both fisher and western...should answer your question:yow!:
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Monroe Truck Equipment makes spreaders for Boss. I am sure there is a lot more of that going on than most of us know about.