1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher SpeedCaster wont raise

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by fordplowguy55, Jan 18, 2011.

1. fordplowguy55

fordplowguy55 Junior Member
    from MA

HI Folks,
    New member here. I have an older Fisher Speedcaster on an 89 F150. During this latest storm, the plow will angle fine but only raises about an inch. Pump has plenty of fluid and not sure what I should try next. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

Try adjusting the cable that goes to the valve spool controlling the lift ram.

3. darryl g

darryl g Senior Member
    from CT

You have the lift chain adjusted properly I presume?

4. fordplowguy55

fordplowguy55 Junior Member
    from MA

Lift chain is adjusted properly and it has been operating perfectly until last storm. Now when I try to raise it, it will raise about 2 inches and thats it but will angle left and right fine. Plenty of fluid and the belt on the pump seems fine...not much play in it.

5. darryl g

darryl g Senior Member
    from CT

If you haven't already done so, I'd unhook the chain from the plow and see if the ram will raise all the way without the plow on to make sure something on the plow isn't tweaked and binding. I had a Speedcast on my 85 Chevy and it was a good plow, just a bit slow. The only problem I ever had was the plow leaking down over time.

Guess I'm not much help :(

6. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

I am having the same problem. I made adjustments etc still raising really really slow. unless i get on the throttle. I broke a cable at the controller though. I think that was my problem.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If it will raise when you rev the engine, the pump is getting tired.

8. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

Its being retired in march with any luck.