1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Speedcaster 2 Sander

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by FordFisherman, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Fisher Speedcaster 2, wire harness, controller, upright bracket, paperwork. Excellent condition, usual rust on the frame, low hours. $1400 or best reasonable offer. Please, no lowball offers. P/U only in CT.

100_2993.jpg

100_2994.jpg

100_2995.jpg

100_2996.jpg

2. lilsteve08

lilsteve08 Senior Member

Nice salter, can't believe you don't have any bites yet. I bought a western pro-flo 2 last year same as yours, but a lot of frame rust, yours is in great shape. Where are you located? I'm in New Jersey.

3. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Do u have the hitch or how does this mount

4. FordFisherman

from 06611

I have the sander side bracket, you need the truckside adapter for your trailer hitch specific to your vehicle or fab up yourself.

5. FordFisherman

from 06611

Willing to deliver in CT.

6. big schmitty

big schmitty Member

I have an in bed mount for sale for this for $100 if anyone is interested. Sorry, not trying to hi-jack your thread.

7. FordFisherman

from 06611

no problemo there schmitty...

8. FordFisherman

from 06611

Found the hitch for it.

9. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Where in CT are you? How far from boston? Which controller do you have for it?

10. FordFisherman

from 06611

About 3.5 hrs from Boston, regular controller (not variable speed).

11. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Yeah, the variable speed is over rated for these spreaders, anyway. A regular controller works just fine. Great spreader...I have two of the Westerns.

12. FordFisherman

from 06611

Thanks for the bump-

13. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

is it striclty salt with those? i am curious if it does sand/salt combo.

14. FordFisherman

from 06611

It will spread bulk also. The drier the better but it will move wet stuff also. I'll copy and paste the specs.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  15. FordFisherman

from 06611

Hopper Spreaders: POLY-CASTER | PRO-CASTER Tailgate Spreaders: SPEED-CASTER | LOW PROFILE

The FISHER® SPEED-CASTER™2 tailgate spreader offers the snow and ice removal professional a spreader that's ideal for parking lots of any size. It's easily removed from the vehicle without using tools.

Capable of spreading all types of material, including wet sand, the SPEED-CASTER 2 features a 2-stage delivery system with a 16" belt conveyor for positive feed of all materials. The high strength poly hopper has a capacity of 10 cu ft. Spreader height along with the feed gate and deflectors are all adjustable. The SPEED-CASTER 2 also features a 1/3 HP 12V DC motor, 15½" spinner and center high-mounted stoplight (CHMSL).

An in-bed truss mount or an under-bed frame mount which includes a Class IV receiver hitch, are both available.

SPEED-CASTER SPREADER SPECIFICATIONS

Model Hopper Construction Approximate Wt. Empty Capacity Spreading Width Dimensions H x W x L Motor Size Spinner Size Material Vehicle Application
    SPEED-CASTER 2 (2-stage) Polyethylene 235 lbs. w/o mount 10 cu. ft. 5' - 20' 46" x 46" x 24" 1/3 HP 15½" Sand & Salt ¾ & 1-Ton Trucks

Privacy Policy Legal Info
    ©2000 - 2010 Fisher Engineering - A Subsidiary of Douglas Dynamics, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
    Site Designed and Developed by Spokane Computer Inc.

16. readysnowplow

readysnowplow Senior Member

I may be interested. Give me a call. i have to check the shipping rates from CT to Chicago to see if it's worth it.
    Cortland
    773-491-8545

17. FordFisherman

from 06611

Probably cost alot to ship- 235lbs.

18. FordFisherman

from 06611

weekend bump....

19. FordFisherman