1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Speedcast

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by lopee, Nov 18, 2006.

1. lopee

lopee Junior Member

I own an 8 foot Fisher Speedcast, snow plow blade, with no model number indicated. The best I can find is a serial number- 215773. I have searched the Fisher site, and not found instructions/or mounting kit. I'd like to find information on how to (if possible) mount to 1990, Ford F-250. Any help would be great appreciated. I do have some photos if that would be helpful, I know a lot about vehicles, but am stumped on this.

Thanks,

lopee

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

The speedcast is the old non MM systems- you need to find someone who carries the old Fisher mounts and let them know what truck you have- they usually can lookup the mounting kit. a Fisher dealer may be able to look up the kit number for the mounting brackets, but they won;t have them anymore.

3. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

As far as I know all the 8' speedcast style plows were the same. Call a fisher dealer and they should be able to tell you most of the correct part numbers. 3 or 4 years ago I was looking for push plates for an older GMC and they were still avaliable, but quite expensive.

4. jacpath

jacpath Junior Member

Plow hanger/head for F250

I live in the mid Hudson River valley in NY state and have a plow hanger for a speedcast plow. Works quite well. Pickup has basically rusted away under it and the front differential gave out so I have bought a newer outfit and want to sell the plow [7.5' speed cast in very good shape] and the hanger has lights and all controls. However, the hydraulic pump is shot.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

fyi 8ft and up takes hd mount not ld 7ft6" and down .

6. jacpath

jacpath Junior Member

What??

Sorry, but I can't decipher your response. Please be a bit more explicit. I don't know what hd means. And I have used both my 8' and 7.5' plow on both trucks successfully.

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

8. jacpath

jacpath Junior Member

Thanks. Very helpful.

9. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

HD Heavy Duty model, LD light duty model.