1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Speedcast Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DieselSmoke, Oct 8, 2009.

1. DieselSmoke

DieselSmoke Junior Member

Last year I've adapted a 6,5 ft. Speedcast plow on my Tracker. The system was taken off an 80's Toyota pickup. The setup works great, except that I am not happy with the lift cylinder travel, as the plow sits too low when raised. I have measured the travel, and looks like the cylinder only extends by about 6.5 in. This seems a bit odd, as most Fisher blades that I see can be raised much higher.

That being said, I am thinking about replacing it with a 10 in. travel lift cylinder. Anyone can tell me what is the typical Speedcast lift cylinder travel? I see 10", 12" and 16" replacements. What is the most common one? Thanks for your help.
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Might just need to adjust the length of the chain, with the blade sitting on the ground how much of the cylinder is showing?
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

How long is the lift cylinder when it is closed? Can you send a pic up and down?
  4. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

When the plow is fully raised, is it up on it's stops? If not, the chain may very well need adjusting, like Crash said.
  5. DieselSmoke

DieselSmoke Junior Member

I measured the travel of the cylinder and it is indeed slightly over 6 inches. I'll try to snap a pic soon.

When the plow is sitting, the cylinder is fully compressed.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'd imagine the amount of front suspension squat on that Tracker when you lift the plow is eating up a fair portion of your lift height as well. ;)