1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Speedcast problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 87W100, Sep 28, 2009.

1. 87W100

87W100 Junior Member
    from Maine

ok here goes I recently bought a used speedcast set up for my 87 Dodge W100 the plow was on an 89 that went in for scrap and the guy kept the plow. I have installed the whole set up It functions up and down and to the left however when i want to move it to the right I have to get out and pull it by hand it feels like the cable is not moving the valve in the valve body far enough I was thinking i may something hooked up wrong or the cables not adjusted correctly I live in maine (durham) IF anyone could give me soem advice on what i am doing wrong or if you live close to the Durham Maine area let me know
    thank you for any help in advance
    Nick

2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Make sure ur pump belt is tight and u have enough fluid it the system.Then chk for a pinched hose.Then spray some pentrating oil where the cable goes to the valve.Then work the controller around.If that doesn't do it.U got a bad valve or angle cylinder One last thing make sure the quick connect are seated properly where they meet on the headgear bracket

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

disconnect the cable and move valve by hand and see if it works right both ways, that will eliminate the valve and put it back towards cable or cable adjustment.

4. 87W100

87W100 Junior Member
    from Maine

thank you guys for the tips
    here is what i did last night

checked belt tension (was a little slack)
    fluid level is at full mark
    lubed the angle pistons
    replaced the quick connects for the angle pistons

I did notice when i go to move the control lever it hardly moves to the right this would indicate an issue with the cable right? so should i disconnect the cable from the valve and center the controler and adjust the cable to meet the valve?

5. 87W100

87W100 Junior Member
    from Maine

update so i have adjusted the cables but my plow still doesn't angle to the right I disconnected the cable from the valve body and did it by hand i can pull it out but when i go to push it back in it will only go back to center could i have the valve body hooked up wrong or is my valve body toast?

6. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

I just chkd a valve I have in my barn,The righy side is the angle side,It should go in pat center and out past center.I'd say ur valves bad

7. 87W100

87W100 Junior Member
    from Maine

i think i may have mine hooked up wrong the valve on the right side of mine is being used as the up and down and the left valve is being used for side to side (I'm a *******)

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Just dont let it happen again!!!!:waving:

9. 87W100

87W100 Junior Member
    from Maine

I will try not to I swapped the lines around today and it works great I'm now ready for winter thanks guys for the help and advice