1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher SpeedCast Mounts

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rothrj, Dec 19, 2009.

1. rothrj

rothrj Junior Member

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a set of speedcast mounts on the truckside to fit a 97 chevy 3/4 ton. Any help would be welcomed.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

none made to fit that. unless you use a older one for the 88-up. but then the live hydro belt drive pump wont go on the 96 up engine.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

They are not legal on your year of truck. After 94 you have to run Minute Mount. I would presume a set of 88-93 plates would fit, but I'm not positive. Fisher did produce a belt driven setup for the Vortec engines. It uses a small pump with remote reservoir. Of course, you could run electric too.

4. rothrj

rothrj Junior Member

I know they made them because my boss had the same exact plow on his previous truck that he sold. It is not a belt drive, it is electric and all mounted on the tower. The only thing on the truck side are the wires, solenoid, and controller. I have a diesel anyway, not vortec

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict