1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Speedcast Mounting?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by WhiteMts, Feb 21, 2006.

1. WhiteMts

WhiteMts Junior Member
    from NH

I have a 1994 Dodge RAM 2500. I was recently given a Fisher Speedcast belt driven plow off of another 1994 Dodge RAM. It looks like I have all the parts accept for the pulley that mounts to one of the fly wheels and the belt. My question is how difficult will this be to mount? I have pretty good mechanical skills and a good set of tools. Also, do I use existing holes in the frame during mounting or do holes need to be drilled?

Thank you for any tips or information!

2. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Go to fisherplows.com then go to the tech support tab. You should be able to find kit selection guides, installation guides and parts lists for your plow right there.
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

What?? They ,made belt driven Speedcast Non minute mount systems for that generation Ram?? And I been toiling with this electro-hydraulic thing?/ I gotta get me one of those.....

Install should be fairly easy. They usually are pretty straight forward.
    retty sure it's all existing holes. I don;t thaink I have any non factory holes in my 96.
  4. WhiteMts

WhiteMts Junior Member
    from NH

Speedcast Mounting

Thanks for the replies. I did check out Fisher’s site and found a couple of documents. I didn't find anything that showed the direct mounting to the frame. Does any one have a photo of the mounting point on the frame? That would be a big help.

Thank you again,
  5. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

I don't think Fisher made a conventional mount system for the 1994-2002 Rams, but Diamond did and they look similar to a conventional Fisher mount. Also, those Diamonds used either a Meyer electric pump or an underhood unit. Do you have any pics of the vehicle mount/headgear assembly?