1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher speedcast maintenence

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Troy5061, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

Changing the fluid for the first time and have some questions. I plan on just sucking it out with a turkey baseter.

What type of fluid? Just Dexron III ATF right?

Is there a filter I need to change? If so where is it?

Will I need to bleed the system afterwards? If so what is the procedure?

2. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

if its red fluid it would be ATF.. there could be a filter on the back side of the pump.. You could crack the lines to drain all the fluid. and the same method to get any air out of the lines..I have a solid method just a really detailed way of doing it .. I just don't have time to type it out this minute.. hope this helps..

3. nhxrunner

nhxrunner Junior Member

I know this is an incredibly old thread but rather than start a new thread I think this in an appropriate location for my question.

I found a cracked hose this morning and will be replacing it. Once I've swapped out the line do I need to do anything else other than top off the fluid level? I would think I would have to bleed the system in some way. How would I go about doing that? Is there a bleed screw somewhere? I'm replacing the lift hose. Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  4. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

It should self bleed - just work the plow up and down a bit.

5. nhxrunner

nhxrunner Junior Member

Great! Thanks Buster, I really appreciate the quick response.