1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Speedcast help

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by tepete71, Jan 5, 2010.

1. tepete71

tepete71 Junior Member
    from 03103

Hi there,

Can anybody help me ID the plow and gear that is in my only public album, here:

http://www.plowsite.com/album.php?albumid=562

I'm trying to decide if it is worth investing the time and money to adapt this monster to my F150, I already have the big alternator but need to beef up the front end. This is just for personal use.

If it is too much time and cake for this set-up, I think I'll just sell out and look for something smaller to put on my wrangler. Maybe a swap type deal if I can...

Thanks for any help!

2. JohnMeyer

JohnMeyer Member

If it were mine, I'ld pass on it and find a newer one specific to a F-150. This one looks like a 60's or 70's vintage plow.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What year is your truck? If it's a 94 or newer, it's technically illegal to put a conventional mount plow on it. And if your truck is after the 94 generation - was it 97? - you won't find push plates anyway.

4. MBrooks420

MBrooks420 Member
    from Erie PA

Looks exactly like the SpeedCast that came new on the 91 3500 work truck.

5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

You could also convert these speed cast to MM1/2 set ups. Then you could get Minute Mount push plates.
    T.J.

6. tepete71

tepete71 Junior Member
    from 03103

Truck is an '07 F150. Illegal? Seriously? Even if I have the shop and complete skills to analyze stress members and forge and mill and weld on my own? Hmmm, sounds like good advice anyway, and I listed it locally and on this site. Too bad, this thing is straight as an arrow and made of a ton of US steel to boot. My loss....

7. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

It will not be illegal if you convert it to a Minute Mount set up. It is not that hard to do.
    You can get an idea if you click on my link in my signature.
    T.J.

8. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Seriously? How or why would it be illegal? First I've heard of something like this...

9. MBrooks420

MBrooks420 Member
    from Erie PA

I would assume its cause the headgear doesn't come off with the plow making it a crash danger all year long. Also they are such a PITA to attach and remove,, the plow prob would stay on all winter.

10. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

first i've heard of this. i'll believe it when i see it in writing i guess. not sure if this is fed or state?

11. MBrooks420

MBrooks420 Member
    from Erie PA

It's a federal deal. Forget looking up the law in writing, call a reputable plow shop and tell them you want to put an old Speed Cast on a 1995 truck. They will tell you that they will not mount it.