1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Speedcast Drifts Down

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by iron1951, Feb 19, 2011.

1. iron1951

iron1951 Junior Member
    from Ontario

1984 F250 Diesel
    cable operated control valve

The blade drifts down whether I am driving or parked. Just bought the truck and change the fluid with fresh ATF. Also replaced questionable lines and the two angle cylinders that were pitted and leaking. The lift ram is in good shape. The pump resevoir remains full. The blade goes up and angles well.

I am going to guess that the problem is in the control valve. Are these valves rebuildable or adjustable? Can anyone provide me with a parts diagram for these valves. Thanks

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

thay dont list 84 with diesel motor.

http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdf/6287_052991.pdf

here is 85 1/2 -89 with 6.9

and there is a brand new fisher valve on ebay search fisher and it will show up. starting at 125.00

could be a simple cable not adjusted right. but that old and if used a lot. the valve does wear out.