1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Speedcast Blade Fit MM1?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by plowguy43, Apr 16, 2010.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Ok so I just put a deposit on an 8' Fisher Speedcast plow blade in great shape. Had everything replaced on it but needs a coat of paint. Anyways, I measured the mounting tabs/ears whatever the 3 hole pieces are called and they are about 25" or 25 3/4" outside edge to outside edge.

I just got home and my MM1 ears are about 22" apart.

My question is- Can I just use my MM1 22" A Frame/ Angle Cylinders on the 8' Speedcast Moldboard/blade and make it work or is this not going to work unless some fabbing is done?

Thanks in advance

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

MM1 and speed cast should interchange, I change out an 8' for a 9'. a few years back witout any problems.

3. plowguy43

Do you happen to have any measurements of your A Frame? I'd really appreciate it!

4. plowguy43

Well it looks like it won't work without upgrading my A Frame. Apparently my A Frame is meant for only the 7' LD or the 7.5' RD plows and can't accomodate the 8' or larger...

Thankfully I can get my deposit back, time to keep searching....

5. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

7 1/2 and 8's have different A frames, 8 and 9's are the same. I don't know if you can make that 7 1/2 A frame work with the 8 footer.

6. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Yea MM1 7.5 and 7.5 speedcast will swap.just need to chg the moldboard at the pins need to use the same A frame to accomadate the MM jack 8+9 MM 1's and speed casts will also swap at the mooldboard,BUT 8+9's WONT swap with 7.5's

7. plowguy43

yeah that blows....