1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher speed caster 2

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mpriester, Feb 17, 2013.

1. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

I have a chance to pick one up and was wondering if this spreader in good working condition with a variable speed controller, vibrater and wiring harness is worth $1000.00. Thank You

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Isn't it the same thing as a Western 1000?

3. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

no. a speed caster 2 is a 2 stage spreader.

4. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

I have a western type minus the vib and YES 1 for all would be a great buy ... mount included along with the wire harness ? Look at the rust under the belt if you can at an angle . Have throwen wet sand salt verry well , . bearings are cheap though Bailey catalog.. just grease well ,,do your maint and wash after each season ....

5. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

it comes with the in bed truss mount and i will check under the belt. Thank You

6. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

test with a fused lead and not a bat charger set a 50 amp , will burn out controller, 10 amp is ok , not the boast ( trust me , I learned the hard way !!) Bat charger force amps in ,, controler uses what it needs , but still use a fuse !!!!!

7. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

[​IMG]

mine hangs right on the fram of the tailgate ,,same size did away with the mount. Trucks a 1 ton
    Wired extra lights too useing a rv plug to truck . Doubled lights in back that way !!!!!

8. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

i'm lucky in testing it as i'm already wired for a western 1000 and it uses the same harness and controller, i can just plug it in my existing harness.