1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher Speed Caster 2 Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ddb maine, Jan 25, 2010.

1. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

The belt has a hard time moving wet/packed sand (conveyor seems to slide along the sand instead of breaking it up). I dont drive with it loaded, simply load, and sand. Im wondering ( I searched through and cant find any mention) if anyone has put together or heard of a belt with studs or anything minor just to breakup the sand a touch easier. It is possible that the belt I have is worn, if so would a new belt have more bite? appreciate your time.

2. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

ah... a vibrator! anyone with a speed caster 2 mount a vibrator? I assume the lower on the hopper the better.

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I wouldn't think you need a vib with a 2 stage spreader. I know they use them on some v boxes but thats for salt/sand sticking in the box. I would also think when the sand hits the spinner it would break apart.

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I see what your saying....the belt slips under the sand not pulling any out. All those belts I thought were smooth to begin with. Maybe try installing some small 1/4 inch self tappers in rows in the belt (if there is enough clearance.

5. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

Yeah along the lines of what i was thinking ideally A tread pattern molded onto the outside of the belt would be perfect and not potentially tear the belt, I have no idea how to make such a thing though. I'll have to check the cost of a 2nd belt vs vibrator.