1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FISHER SPEED CASTER 2 help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JTK324, Nov 3, 2010.

1. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

Good afternoon guys I was wondering if any of you have ever used a speedcaster 2 I just picked on up for dirt cheap and I couldnt refuse the price but now i have to buy the wiring kit and the mounting brackets. So i guess my question is how much of a pain is it to install this thing and get it up and running? I just got a quote from the local dealer and he said that for all of the stuff it will cost me 1488.00 plus taxs.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

WHAT truck are you putting it on?

3. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

2000 ford f350

4. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

Yeah, what truck? Not trying to be an ass, but if it didn't come with everything needed and you don't know what you need or how much it will cost, how do you know you got a good deal?
    I never new there was such thing as speedcast 2.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  5. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

I know what ya mean brother but when i see prices for the new units or used units or hell just the stuff on the postings here, i know i got it for a score i paid 250 for it and just need to wire and mount it to my truck

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

Oh yeah.....that's a score for sure. Typical, you pay just as much for the equipment as you do to mount and run it, lol. Now that it's used you pay more for the extras then you do the equipment....

Did it come with anything? Is there two fork looking things sticking off the back of the hooper?

As far as mounting it and running the wires, it's pretty easy if your some what mechanically inclined.

Mount for your 00 Ford....

Mount & Hooper brackets

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  7. RepoMan207

from Maine

8. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

Yes the two hook up bars are hanging off the back of the hooper and i can do the rest my self but they just love putting the screws to anybody trying to get a deal

9. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

Is there any were to buy them used or for a cheaper rate?

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

oh yeah, that's for sure.

Get the part numbers for what you need off the diagrams I provided, then shop them on the Internet and surrounding dealers. This may sound stupid, but I ended up piecing everything together for my plow rebuild from about 8 different sources. I saved a crap load of $$ doing it that way. Keep in mind though, you have to account for shipping with most of the online stores. I hate CPW, but they do have some good prices now and again. And if I were you, I wouldn't hesitate at looking on ebay or CL.

11. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

Thanks man I will give it a try

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

Good luck man, you can find this stuff and alot more at Fisher's website if you need further numbers, or instructions.

14. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

if this cost two much i am going to just turn it into a trailer mount

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

Did it come with the control box or any of the wiring??

16. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

Oh. I get it. I thought it was a plow.

17. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

Nope repo it just the hopper side and the two forks that hang off the back that's all I get I talked to a dealer I'm the mid west yesterday afternoon and he told me that the mounting bracket is actually one whole piece that comes with a newtrailer hitch and u haveto replace that whole side to get to mount

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

yup, that's accurate. I would attempt to find one used if I were you. However, they're few and far between, you never know though, you may get lucky. The electric harnesses I would seek new, but the controller can usually be had on Ebay fairly cheap.