1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher spare parts?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by alfman, Nov 8, 2001.

1. alfman

alfman Junior Member

I bought a F-350 PSD with a Fisher minute mount plow and tailgate spreader (both new).There is not a dealer close by and I like to keep spare parts for unseen breakdowns late at night. I have plenty of spares for my other setup, but no spares (yet) for my fisher.My question is what parts should I keep in the shop? Or should I just buy one of those emergency kit packages and play the rest by ear.
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Id buy the emergency kit and maybe an extra hydro hose.Ive had ny oldest minute mount since 93,it has never ,ever given me any trouble,ever,until last season.I was plowing ,almost done,I noticed a drip of ATF on the ground,the base lug came loose,If i would have checked it,I would have caught it .Anyway,I had to replaces a 30 cent O-ring,about 20 minutes of time,and 2 quarts of ATF.I was able to toighten the nolts while plowing,and finish my run,it leaked a tiny bit still.The new minute mounts have a different ram setup,and no base lug,so no more problems.
  3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I would buy spare hoses, couple, pivot pins and keep some various size half inch bolts handy. Along with this make sure you have extra fluid.

I also have a couple extra controllers, harnesses, lights, extra powerpack and parts and more. This stuff I have accumulated and I keep because I run multiple trucks.

There may be more that you will want but this is a start of what I would recommend.
  4. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

I dexvided to bring this thread back up because I was thinking about this very same subject. I have a brand new Blizzard 800 (not the expanding one) and they do not offer an emergency kit from Blizzard. So I was curious exactly what these kits from different companys are made up of, what exact parts? Also what types of other spare parts should I keep on hand? My dealer is very close and open 24/7 during storms but I would rather not have to wait around if there were many people needing something or in case he runs out of some basic part. Thanks in advance for any help.
  5. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

You should stock up yourself with some spare parts that get worn out the most. Usually the parts that constantly is in work when plowing. I never seen a Blizzard snowplow, so I cannot tell which parts you would want to stock up. But I'm fairly sure that you would want to get spare hoses, fittings, pivots pins, bolts, and fluids. Pretty much like what CT18fireman posted earlier. Maybe you can ask your dealer what he think you should stock up with.
  6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

The fisher and western kits have spare solenoid, spare trip sprind in the western kit for full trip plows. Many pins and clips to hold the various links together, and a hose. They also give you a winter hat and 1qt of plow fluid.