1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher solenoid wiring?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by yellow_snow, Jan 7, 2009.

1. yellow_snow

yellow_snow Junior Member

Have a Fisher MMII about 5 or 6 years old with a 3-plug system. It was hooked up to a Suburban k1500 and now hooked up to my 1995 Chevy Silverado k2500 (4 head lights if that makes a difference). The small wire colors I have are red/green, brown/red and black/orange. the Solenoid I have is the square type. Two large posts and two small posts in front. The red/green wire has the large loop on it to fit one of the large posts.
    Anyone have the correct wiring diagram?
    Thanks a bunch
    Greg

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Fisher does.

3. yellow_snow

Nothing is broken, I'm just asking where each of these three wires attach. Last year the plow worked just fine. My battery is brand new two weeks ago but when I hooked it up, I had to jump start the truck. I thought the wiring on the solenoid was incorrect, so I switched things around and now I think I messed up where the wires go. Think I might switch out the solenoid today. I really could use some help.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's easier to show rather than explain. Manual should be helpful for you in the future as well so be sure to hang onto it.

Bottom of page #7

(P.S. Crash your sig isn't working. :D )

5. yellow_snow

That url doesn't work but I believe I have it hooked up correctly. I just sanded off the connections and tightened everything good and got the driveway plowed and sanded. So I'm good to go now. I bought an Air-Flo MSS 2 weeks ago at a good price $2100 plus tax. Got it in Stroudsburgh Pa, at Five Star Eqipment. I needed to tighten a bunch of screws and grease fittings and adjust the convair belt but its good now. Anyhow thanks for the replys
    Greg

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure what happened to the link, it worked right after I posted it ( I always double check).

Lets try it again as I think you'll find it most useful in the future even though you've already got it up and running. wesport

Manual

7. yellow_snow

I guess that illustration would work if it was a round relay but even then, how do you figure out what is the front of the rely and what is the back, or left or right. Like I said mine is square. I bought a new one yesterday and it also is square. An S.A.M. # 1306310 that replaces Western 56131K. And I'm thoroughly confused with it. This one is marked BAT on the front large post. The one on my truck I have the battery cable connected to the back post. Oh, I'm told that the Western relay is the same as the Fisher relay. I read somewhere that if it is not hooked up correctly it could distroy the module.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It doesn't matter as the solenoids are non grounded (insulated), as long as the large terminals are on the large posts (and your red/green is on the batt side terminal) and the small terminals are on the small posts it makes no difference as they're not polarity dependent.

And yes the Wester/Fisher electronics are the same.

9. yellow_snow

Thank You very much B&B
    That was the answer I was searching for. Your answer should be posted in the FAQ section as I'm sure this comes up a lot!
    Thanks again, case closed

Greg