1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher snowplows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DJC, Jul 4, 2003.

1. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I lived in maine all my life until I moved to central Michigan 5 years ago. When I lived in Maine I had over 90 accounts, I have always used Fisher snowplow's. Does anyone know if they sell fisher plow's in MI ???? Any feed back would be great !!!! Thank's

2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Yes there is. I just checked on www.fisherplows.com. Go in the site, click on distributor directory, then click on midwest US. Then click on the state of Michigan and a list of Fisher dealers pops up. Id put the link directly to the page right here if I knew how to. :D Go check it out. Mike :waving:

3. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Thanks, Mike 97 SS !!!! big help:)

4. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Your welcome!! Glad to have helped!! Mike :drinkup:

5. drobson

drobson Senior Member

Even here in MA there are not that many Fisher dealers. It's amazing that there are literally hundreds of dealers in ME and NH, but less than a handful in MA and only a couple in Eastern MA.

6. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

fisher in Ma.

There is a dealer in Hudson and I think there is one in Dracut

7. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

The Fisher dealers in around Boston are Salem Brake and clutch, Boston truck equipment, and Metropolitan truck in Stoughton. Thats not a lot of dealers considering how popular Fisher's are around here and how large the population is. To me this is Fisher's biggest problem in this market by far.

8. drobson

drobson Senior Member

JD, I use Brake and Clutch for most parts stuff and I bought my MM II there last year. I like them, but they are a pain to get to. It seems there is no easy way to get there. And Franklin in Dracut doesn't stock much for parts.

Where is Boston Truck located? I've never heard of them. I also buy some stuff at Lacey Truck, but they're not a Fisher dealer and don't stock much for them except universal stuff. But I do like their shop, they have some good stuff.

But a nice big Fisher Dealer located somewhere near the 93 & 128 area would be wonderful.

9. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

That is one thing that puzzels me about the Fisher.Every other truck in the area has a Fisher and there is hardly any dealers close by.So I gues this would be a good opp. for some one to set up a Fisher shop at the 128/93 interchange and clean up for service and parts .:)

I think that is one of the reasons I bought my diamond because Dyer is right off 93 and easy to get to.

10. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

cat,did these trucks come new off the lot with Fishers on them?Or are guys traveling to get them?

11. JD PLOWER

Dan Boston truck is in Brighton, not the easiest place to get to even for me but it is quicker than going to Salem. The downside to them is they are not the friendliest place to deal with :mad: .

Like you mentioned Salem is a great place for fishers but they are too far away and WAY TO CROWDED before a storm. I wish lacy would sell Fisher (I live two minutes from there) but they didn't get on the Fisher dealer list back in the 60's when they should have and have ended up selling everything but Fisher (western meyer, diamond and they even sold blizzard, I bought the last one). You can order anything you want from Lacy and they will get it from Salem, but it will take at least a day and sometimes its worth it and sometimes its not :rolleyes: . I buy my Fishers in New Hampshire and save the sales tax, since that adds up fast on a 4000+ plow.

12. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Well the ford dealers in my area have them on the trucks when they come in mostly the P/U's and some C&C Like JD said during a storm and and before when you need parts and service not much to choose from and are they close by.Even though alot of trucks come to the dealer already on then comes the parts and serviceing of them .It's almost like buying a plow truck from a car dealer he can sell them but he has not truck mechanics to work on them if they brake or need waranty work .

13. Arc Burn

I got ya,just wondering were all those Fishers came from was all.This may be your big break cat!Open your own dealership and stay inside on those cold snowy days:p

14. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Sometimes I think about it.The hardest thing is to find a good well stocked dealer that is willing to be there in the middle of a storm to get you going again.Even Lacey does not stay open during storms the one that is close to JD.

15. JD PLOWER

The thing to remember about Fisher is they have a strong truck/upfitter and dealer network when it comes to installs. Walk into salem in September and all you'll see is new trucks getting plows. Same with Madigan or Dracut. Mirak chevy installs its own fisher's on many trucks but they really don't service them. They can call Salem and setup an appointment or order the parts but they don't seem all that knowledgeable about the plows themselves. The thing to remember about Fisher is the dealers are in a protected network. That means Fisher isn't going to just let a giant dealer in the network since the others would lose a lot of revenue just on service and parts sales. What they need to do is make the truck dealers that sell fisher parts service the plows on ANY truck. That might mean a ford having the plow fixed by a chevy dealer and vice versa but Fisher needs more and better dealers in this area :yow!: .

16. Arc Burn

JD,I think it would be better to just get a dedicated dealer in the area,it takes a month of sundays just to get your truck into the dealer for repairs,imagine trying to get a plow in:(

Quit thinkin about it cat and just do it,you know you would be sittin on a gold mine payup

17. drobson

drobson Senior Member

I had the ford dealer install the plow after I bought it from Brake and Clutch because my truck didn't have the plow prep package, Salem would not do it. Even though I had the springs replaced so it would hold it.

Cat, I've used Dyar for some stuff as well, mostly lines and fittings for my old fisher. I've never needed it, but they tell me they stay open during storms if people need parts. Not sure how true that is though.

I almost bought mine in NH to save on the tax, but the price was so close to what Salem gave me it wasn't worth it.

18. drobson

drobson Senior Member

Cat I should do what you did and get the Diamond. It would be so much easier to deal with Lacey because they are only a few minutes from my house in Malden. And they seem to be pretty nice people, from the limited amount of times I've dealt with theam already. Although their prices are a bit high.

It's just that I've always had Fishers and am having a hard time convincing myself that it would be a good move to change.

19. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

It's funny Dan before I purchased my truck I was set on the Fisher Don't ask me why I started to even look at other plows.But I think the reason was closeness Dyer/Lacey and then how beefy,pronounced curve like the fisher X and the ability to flip the blade, was what sold me.Now you will notice that allot of fisher's changes are what diamond already has.And Lacey is a bit pricey.I have had to have some other work done there that AMI would pay for under warranty and they said there price was too high and they shipped the truck back to Worcester to have it repaired.

20. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

You shouldn't have any problem finding a Fisher dealer, we do have them throughout the state. They are second probably to Boss, (in more ways than one ;) ), but they are around !