1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher snow plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Tommy zo6, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Tommy zo6

Tommy zo6 Junior Member
    from 07052

My Fisher x blade snow plow (with fish stick ) will not go back down. The up, left, and right motions are fine. Can any one help me with this problem? Thank you.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Here is the service manual for your plow. It explains how it works.

http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/27179_070001.pdf

Sounds like S1 is not working. Have a helper hit the down button while you hold a screwdriver on the S1 coil. You should feel the magnetism. If you have magnetism, the problem is likely the cartridge itself. Pull it and inspect it. I think they sometimes get bent. If you don't have magnetism, check for voltage at the coil when you push the down button. If you have voltage but no magnetism, the coil is bad. No voltage, you have an electrical problem. Do you have a friend with a FishStik you can try?

3. 1999 GMC 1500

1999 GMC 1500 Member

i kind of had that same problem. look at your plow side wiring harness for any exposed wires becuase 1 wire was exposed on mine and the plow site harness was junk. good luck:drinkup:

4. Tommy zo6

Tommy zo6 Junior Member
    from 07052

fisher plow

It happend to be a bad coil. I changed it today, everything is working great! Thank you for your help.