1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Snow Plow - Trouble shooting help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chamonixvt, Oct 23, 2010.

1. chamonixvt

chamonixvt Junior Member
    from Vermont

2000 Chevy 2500 with a minute mount.

Starting to get it geared up for winter and now having trouble getting the plow to work - glad I did this before there was snow on the ground. Plow lights work, checked all connections and still the plow does not move. All I get is a clicking noise in the isolation module when the joystick is moved.

I replaced the motor thinking it went bad over the summer since it is original and was giving me some trouble at the end of the plowing season last year. No change.

Any suggestions? I'm now wondering if it might be the motor relay although I just replaced it last year. I'm lost on where to go from here. Could the isolation module gone bad?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Check to see if you are getting 12V across the small terminals of the motor relay when you try to move the plow.

3. chamonixvt

chamonixvt Junior Member
    from Vermont

Finally getting back to this issue. No current when the joystick is moved so I assume this means the motor relay has gone bad?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

4. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Check for any burnt fuses with a circuit testor. The red light on your controller stick should flash a pattern, check the code.

circuit.jpg

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Sounds like your solenoid has gone bad.

6. chamonixvt

chamonixvt Junior Member
    from Vermont

Yes, the solenoid/motor relay was bad. IN fact, the screw where the power out to the plow is attached had the plastic melted around it. Is that normal when they go bad?

thanks for the help, bring on the snow now that the plow is working. Cheers

7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Ive so far only seen that on the cheap aftermarket style solenoids. Never on the new fisher brand ones yet.