1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher snow plow trip springs.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dirtman, Nov 3, 2006.

1. dirtman

dirtman Junior Member

I need anyone's advice on changing fisher snowplow trip springs... is there any trick to compressing so the pins can be removed/installed etc...thanks very much

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I think there is a special tool for such, and it's cheap to buy I hear.

3. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Most often when buying from a dealer they will pre-load them for you if you ask.

4. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Buy the preloaded ones!

Soo-much easier! 20 years ago we would struggle compressing the springs and wasting time! Now you can buy them preloaded(about $90) cut the old ones out; do the repairs and your done in an hour or two depending on how many your changing.

5. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

Fisher Trip Spring Replacement

Hello,

If you contact you local Fisher Dealer they should be able to sell you the Fisher Spring Compression Tool. I know there are a few members on this website who could help you out. They run about $35. If you do a search on this site for Fisher Sping Compression Tools or something similar I am sure you will find people who can help you out.

I replaced all of mine a few weeks back. I didn't have a tool, but made my own and was able to get them compressed safely and install them.

Have a great day.

6. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

I use a rigid pipe wrench, a can of wd-40 and a bolt 5/16x3":confused: .I will elaborate if anyone is intrested.

7. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

Admswelding

I am interested in hearing how you compressed your springs. If you have time I would like to hear about it.

8. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Anyone try a Strut spring compressor? I havn;t had the need to replace springs yet but figured they would work.