1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Snow Plow Paint

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Joeshmo, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Joeshmo

Joeshmo Junior Member

I recently bought a 2004 Ford F-250 SuperDuty XLT that has a 8' Minute Mount 2 that was installed a few years ago but has only been used on the previous owners driveway a handful of times. There is minor rust on the actual plow, and minor rust on the other parts that I can just buy black anti rust paint for. I want to know if any users here have used fisher paint and if it is a different shade of yellow than the given color, I'm only touching up a few small areas that I want to prevent spread. Thanks guys!
  2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher paint and it should match unless the plow has been repainted. I'd repaint the whole blade however, it'll look better. Rustoleum Sunburst Yellow is a little brighter and much cheaper than Fisher paint. I've seen some use CAT yellow, JD Yellow, stuff like that.
  3. Joeshmo

Joeshmo Junior Member

Thank you! It's just a real little bit, I'd rather not and just touch I't up, the paint doesn't look warn out, I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be brighter than the other.
  4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Years ago when touched up our plows the cans (quarts) of fisher yellow didn't match up well, the spray cans as I recall were ok, again it was a few yeas ago.
  5. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

FYI your plow isn't painted, it's powder coated.