1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher seris?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mdb landscaping, Sep 15, 2001.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i made an appt the other day to get a 8 ft fisher put on my 2002 silverado 2500HD. im also having them install a hidden strobe system. my question is, whats the difference between a seris 1 and a seris 2 fisher. i just went in and said i want the minute mount. is there a newer style out or something? i know western came out with the ultramount, but when my buddy asked what seris it was i wasnt sure? can anybody clear this up for me? thanks

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Fisher has released in limited quanities a MM2. It is an easier drive in type mounting systen with a cam type lock on a lever.
    Doesnt articulate tho like the western mount.
    I would have gone for the ezv myself tho.
    Dino

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

mdb landscaping - if you get the choice, I'd recommend the MMII. By pulling one lever, it will drop the stand and pull both mounting pins. Looks pretty solid. There is no change in the pushplates mounted on the truck. They are interchangeable with the series I or II. The series I (or MM) requires that you drop the stand and pull each pin seperately - which seems easy enough to me, really. But you may as well get the new and improved if you can.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2001
  4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Well that would be the thing to do or you could see about getting some money off for the older version and tell them you want the other if they have no price difference.That would only work if they many instock and a load of the mm2's inbound and didn't want to get stuck with to much stock.

5. mdb landscaping

thanks guys

6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I have not seen the new Fishers on any displays at dealers yet. I think that they are trying to sell the old stock first. The only new Fishers I have seen have been at a auto dealer here. In talking to my Fisher Dealer I ws able to get him to give me 3 old style minute mounts that for a reduced price. Because the truck mounts will remain the same I can adapt them to a truck I buy in the future. I am always weary of new deisgns until the have been tested. When the minute mount first came out all the landscapers here quickly changed. I stayed with the Old fixed mount for a couple years while Fisher worked out the kinks (yes there were a few). I still beleive that Fisher is the best widely available plow on the market.

7. mdb landscaping

i just got back from the BIG E. those around here will know what im talking about. its like a big fair. i got to see the new unit today. he said all dealers only received 10 plows. price is the same as the regular minute mount. looks like a neat unit. ill have to ask if my dealer has any left

8. plowking35

from SE CT

I will be attending that fair next week, can you confrim if the mount on the truck is the same from the MM -MM2. I dont believe it is.
    Dino

9. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I talked to the Fisher rep at the snow expo and was told that the mount is the same ( he said the company didnt like the two piece mount of the western, and I have to agree).

10. plowking35

from SE CT

I spoke to that rep also, and to be honest he didnt didnt know what he was talking about. I told him about what I ahve seen with the damage to the ezv backing plates and he never heard of any issues with any fisher ever made.
    I saw the MM2 in march, and I believe that the mount on the truck is different.
    Dino

11. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Well i guess we all will just have to wait then .

12. Mike Plow

Mike Plow Junior Member

the fisher mm1 and mm11 have the same chassis kit
    the truck end will fit both plows

13. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Supposedly, the only change from the MMI to MMII is the headgear box (except for the additional components). I wonder if I'd be able to try one out using my current MM setup(thinking "out loud" - kind of)?

14. mdb landscaping

the mount is the same if i remember right. its got new head gear, a new v plate that holds the chain above the piston and its got the single handle to pull all the pins.