1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher SEHP stuck right

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by weav41, Jan 19, 2014.

1. weav41

weav41 Junior Member

Any thoughts would help.

Here is the problem.
    I took my SEHP off of my 9 foot MC, and put it on another 9 foot HD that I just bought a few months back. The MC was rotted anyways. Put the motor on the new plow. Worked for a short time in all directions. Cycled it though in all directions many times, everything worked as it should. Took the truck out and plowed about 100 feet and the plow would just go to the right angle and lock. When this would happen, which ever direction you would choose the plow would just go right. Then, there would be no response in the controls. When it would lock up, you can still hear the motor running.

So, took it apart. Drained, cleaned the pump and housing, pump filter and magnet, bench tested the solenoids, replaced the S2, greased all connections in the plugs, replaced the relay, cleaned up the wires for the new relay. Put everything back together, refilled with new atf, bled as best possible and topped off. Surprisingly would work again then, do the exact same thing. Go to the right and lock.

I figured at this point it would have to be the cross over relief valve. So, tried to get them out, but i found out that they were known for being trouble. That turned into ordering a new valve body. Now, it has a new valve body and all new valves. It worked fantastic, and then once again (drop the plow and go a few feet) goes to the right and then locks up.

This has taken place in about a months time span of tinkering with this motor. This motor has shown about 5 (brief) signs of life, and then just lock to the right.

I am learning as I go. My best guess could be

hydraulic lines
    S3
    Some sort of wiring issue/ground.

I plan on replacing those items as well, but sick of dumping money in this project right now.

Has anyone had an issue similar to this?
    Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Sound like a hand control circuit board might have gone bad. But with out being there and running some test its hard to say

Have you tried a different controller to rule that out

3. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Try a different controller.

4. Antlerart06

One test you can do to rule out the controler if don't have one switch the wires left to right coils Then if goes to left and locks then has to be the controller

5. weav41

weav41 Junior Member

Ok reversed the s2 and s3 wiring, and still locked up no movement.

6. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

My friends was doing the same thing. We switched with mine worked fine. Put his back worked for a few minutes then locked up again. He ordered a new one havent talked to him lately so I assume its fixed. Do you have a friend you can switch with.

7. myzx6

myzx6 Member

Start with the basics. I have an sehp and my plow will do this same thing from time to time. Clean the truck and plow side connectors, very carefully spread the male terminals slightly, add fresh dielectric grease and you should be good to go. When its locked right try wiggling the connector and or reposisitioning it and I'm sure it'll work normal for atleast a few seconds

8. Antlerart06

same side the right side or did it changed to the left

9. weav41

weav41 Junior Member

Switched them around, still was locked up no movement.
    I noticed that if I jacked the blade up with a floor jack, and kept it hanging off the ground. It would work fine, but when the blade was dropped to ground height it would lock up to the right again. I don't know, this is starting to make my head hurt.

10. myzx6

myzx6 Member

Wiggle wiring, definitely a bad connection or loose ground somewhere

11. weav41

weav41 Junior Member

Took it to the shop today. Told me something wasn't connected to the plug. It seems fixed as of right now. Thanks to everyone for all the help really appreciate it!!

12. myzx6

myzx6 Member

Something wasn't connected to the plug, or something wasn't making contact at the plug??

13. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

When the ground to the motor sol was left off changing a battery I had a very similar issue... until the sol contacts melted through the housing that is.

14. donduck

donduck Junior Member

My plow did the exact same thing 2 nights ago! So are you guys saying it a wiring problem? I checked all the connections on the plow and controller but didn't see anything out of place, I recheck. What else should I look for?