1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher sehp slow after ever storm

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by glenn e, Feb 6, 2014.

1. glenn e

glenn e Junior Member

so here in new england we had a 12in storm wednsday. So tuesday i had to fix a hose and that was it. After i finished that and picked up the plow and it was slow up left and right. I took the motor off drained the fluild cleaned the screen and the housing filled with new fluid worked fine. I plowed all day wednsday no problems at all now thursday the plow is slow again this has happened to me every storm now it is starting to annoy me as i plow 2 big parking lots.

thanks in advance

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Have you drained the fluid out of the angle rams?
    What fluid are you using atf or plow fluid

3. glenn e

glenn e Junior Member

cleaned the screen and pump housing today filled with blue fisher fluid drained angle pistons hooked it up works fine now but i will see what happens this weekend we are supposed to get 1 to 3 inches in the northeast

4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Let it sit for a couple days then re check the fluid level. You have to let the air work out of the system. Mine has the same issue. Once I add fluid its good to go.