1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher SEHP pump wiring

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 91Ranger, Dec 30, 2015.

1. 91Ranger

91Ranger Junior Member

New guy here looking for information.
    Adding a snow plow to my 91 Ford Ranger as a yard machine. Was given a decent speedcast blade and headgear, found a SEHP pump in town for cheap, but its a 6" ram. how well will this work on a speedcast headgear?

Real big question is wiring. I've seen TJS' posts on it being doable using diodes. I'm electrically competent to build such a harness, but I'm no engineer. Has anyone made a diagram to go by, even if its just made in MS Paint? It would be greatly appreciated.

And before I get warned about plowing with a Ranger, its not much Ranger anymore. 351w swapped in, 1 ton axles and heavy front springs from a F150. Even have chains that somebody made for the 38" Super Swampers.

Thanks for any help guys
  2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

The person you bought it from did not have a fisher joy stick controller. That would be the best bet and wire it up that way. The board on the controller has all the wiz bang stuff in there. Or find a controller (6 pin) and wire it up.
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Agreed with using the factory parts.
    You could find a harness cheep, and might have good luck finding a good used clicker for it. Easier IMO