1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher sehp pump problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Mpana16, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Mpana16

Mpana16 Junior Member

I'm having problems with my fisher sehp pump going up and angling to the side" I already checked the fluid level in the pump, I also cleaned the filter along with changing the fluid. I checked the hydraulic pump and that's fine too. After doing all these things the plow functioned flawlessly for 10 minuets. Any ideas on what it could be.
  2. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

Please describe the issue in more detail. How did you come to the conclusion the pump is good? Does it move slow, not at all?
  3. Mpana16

Mpana16 Junior Member

I went to the local dealer and talked to one of the techs and he told me to see if there was any play in the pumps shaft so that's how I came to that conclusion. As with the movements it sometimes works like there is no problem with it and them other times it won't move a inch in any direction. I went down to him today and he suggested that the fiber washers in the angle Pistons in the packing were ripping themselves apart. I picked up two new angle Pistons today while I was there since I don't have time to rebuild those. The only piston I rebuilt was the lift ram.
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Wanna buy a bridge I have for sale by any chance?
  5. Mpana16

Mpana16 Junior Member

I final got it all working by putting the new Pistons in and changing the fluid again and cleaned the filter. I ran it for a while and no problems so far. Hopefully it will act normal for the next couple days so then I will be 100% certain it's fixed.