1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher sehp motor warranty

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ramrod98, Oct 5, 2010.

1. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

Started getting my fisher plow ready for the winter and found the motor had a chip in it and would not seal good. So I decided to go OEM instead of aftermarket for this motor. I sent my wife after work last night to pick it up. Cost was 150.00. I saw no warranty paper in with it so called when getting home tonight from work. I was stunned when hearing a 90 day warranty for an OEM part. I guess we live and learn. i oculd have went aftermarket for halve the cost and gotten a 1 year warranty. I just can't get over this ! I thought I was buying quality. I guess not with a 90 day warranty.

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I would feel a heck of a lot better buying the factory one then after market ones.Regaurdless of the warranty.Its the same with buying car parts from the dealer no warranty but one hell of a better part.

3. John Murphy

John Murphy Senior Member

Ramrod 98 - not sure who told you 90 days, but that is not correct. All of our OEM service parts come with a 1 year warranty from date of purchase.

John Murphy
    VP, Sales
    Douglas Dynamics

4. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

Thanks, John

5. John Murphy

John Murphy Senior Member

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Thats definitely a sometimes right there. Aftermarket ball joints, Wheel bearings, Ujoints for my truck (and yours) are waaaaay better than OEM.

7. brad96z28

U forgot brake pads. Also about about a 100 other things I could think of. Not sure on the ball joints moog sure suck in the last few years.Napa has been better but I would not brag about either. They where once good. Nut I was definitly refering to the replacement motors I have used both and the qualit of the fisher oe is far superion then the aftermarket crap I have gotten so far,

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah definitely, althought there is a difference between high quality aftermarket parts and cheap/foreign crap. I agree about the motors though.

9. brad96z28

Man I need to proof read.:confused: