1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher sealed beam problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by zlssefi, Jan 3, 2016.

1. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

I have a 2001 minute mount one plow on my 2001 gmc 3500. after a small accident last winter the driver side bulb keeps blowing. High and low beam. Ill get about 6 hrs of time out of it before it blows to smitherines. Not just going out it shatters the inner bulb,and both light filaments. Ive checked voltage thinking i was getting way too much and it reads 13.7 with the truck running. At first the light bucket was cracked so too much vibration was to blame, but thats been fixed and i still have the same problem. Any ideas???

2. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

Bulbs getting wet and shattering, Bulbs got grease on it and is shattering, or the two filaments are stuck on, overheating the assembly and causing it to shatter.

Not sure what else would cause it.