1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher SD Series Plow Pre Season Service Question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by DavidDC114, Sep 14, 2014.

1. DavidDC114

DavidDC114 Junior Member

Hey everyone, i just purchased my first snow plow. It is a 7.5 ft fisher SD series plow for my dodge ram 1500.. It is lightly used, and i am just wondering what i should be going through before the season starts here. Does the hydrolic fluid require a change, or top off.. is there anything in particular i should check on the plow as far as pins or hoses? Thanks..
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Fluid change, remove the resiviour and Ck the filter and magnet for debris. Remove and clean the pickup tube. Remove hoses for angle rams and angle plow to get fluid outta rams. Some fluid film on the pins, and pivot bolt usually works good
  3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

As Dieseless says and check trip edge pins, and lift arm to lift chain joint for wear. I grease All joints and pivots except trip pins.