1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher sd questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Snow Miser, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

What is the blade attack angle on the fisher SD? Is it similar to the HD or is it closer to the 70-75 degree angle that the x blade and ht have?

Does it use the same hydraulic pump and electric motor as the HD and x blade?

I have seen the HT plow up close but not an SD. Is the SD a sturdier plow than the HT or are they about the same?

2. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Not sure about the attack angle but I think the SD is much better than the HT, the place I got mine installed said the HTs were junk. Go for the SD or 7'6'' HD

3. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

And it uses the same hydraulic/electric set up as the HD-X blades, HTs set up is a little different

4. Grant9454

Grant9454 Member

I have the HT and if I could do it again I would get the SD. I have been to the dealer a few times to take a look at one to replace my HT. I see guys all the time beating the crap out of the HD and SD blades and I know if i did that with my HT it wouldn't last a season.

5. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

I have the SD on my Durango and it's a nice plow. Very happy with it, both from performace and weight. I do believe it has the 75 degree attack angle like most Fishers do.wesport
    1621893_662486610464037_840891369_n.jpg

1621893_662486610464037_840891369_n.jpg

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  6. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

thanks for the info. sounds like this plow would work better in my fleet than the HT.

one last question for asphalt warrior, how far does the plow stick out past your bumper?

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Like others have said you should go with a SD or HD. The SD is a lot more rugged than the HT.

8. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

It's approx 37" past the front bumper. I plowed last week for 5 hours straight and it worked flawlessly.