1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher SD on 2006 Tundra

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by rougley, Sep 25, 2008.

1. rougley

rougley Junior Member
    from VT

Anyone know of , or have a Fisher SD setup on a 2006 Tundra SR5 Double Cab. One dealer will only sell me the Homesteader which is just tool short and plastic for me. Another dealer has an SD he would put on there. 7'6"...

BTW, I am the only one going to be in the truck when plowing (alright maybe my dog too)..There will not be six adults weighing 180 lbs each in the truck (isn't that how they figure these weight calcs).

700' hardpack driveway ..plowing at 2200' elev on spine of Greens in VT. Good deal of deep snow.

R

2. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

Dealer #1 is covering his @$$. Fisher's eMatch only shows the Homesteader as an option.

Is dealer #2 going to fabricate mounts? The Homesteader mounts are way different from the SD.

3. rougley

rougley Junior Member
    from VT

What is it with the SD mount that needs work on the Tundra? Or doesn't work as is?

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Fisher made mounts for the Minute Mount Series starting with the 07 Tundra. Not sure of the differences from the 06. The mount might bolt right up and it could be a suspension capacity issue etc.

Bottom line is that Fisher does not recommend it, that doesn't mean it can't be done.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Mounts for the full size plows are only available for the '07-newer Tundra's. Nothing available for the '06-previous except the Homesteaders.

6. rougley

rougley Junior Member
    from VT

So it looks like it is going to be a Meyer plow if I want anything of size and made of other than poly. They make a mount and the dealer says nothing has to be modified on the truck.. Not so sure about Meyer after reading some posts ..Any experiences with Meyers

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Why no poly? All poly's are not the same. ;)

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The Lexen Snoway uses is much differant then the poly the others are using.

9. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

Unfortunately, there are only 3 SnoWay dealers in VT:

Canaan, Rutland & Williston

10. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Where in VT are you located? We are in the process of getting some additional retailers set up for this fall. We may be working with someone near you.

11. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

Too late for me with my current truck. I went with a Homesteader. (2006)

When I trade, I will look into SnoWay again, though!!!

12. rougley

rougley Junior Member
    from VT

Homesteader

vtzdriver,

Where\what are you plowing in VT...I just can't see the homesteader handling the piles of snow...I would love to go with a Fisher as teh dealer is close and it is Fisher country, but it doesn't seem big\rigid enough...

What I don't get is why Meyer can put a steel plow , 520# w/mount and Fisher can't get one on there.

I am leaning towards the Meyer right now, and only have a couple weeks to get this done...

13. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

My truck is up in the kingdom. We live on a shared road and there is a contract for general plowing which we all share.
    For my yard, in addition to my truck, I have a Kubota 2410 with blade and 3ph snowblower.

There's no real issue plowing 5-6 inches of snow. As the amounts rise above that, it's more of a challenge, but that is true of most plows except the Vs.