1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher SD on 2006 Tundra

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rougley, Sep 25, 2008.

1. rougley

rougley Junior Member
    from VT

Anyone know of , or have a Fisher SD setup on a 2006 Tundra SR5 Double Cab. One dealer will only sell me the Homesteader which is just tool short and plastic for me. Another dealer has an SD he would put on there. 7'6"...

BTW, I am the only one going to be in the truck when plowing (alright maybe my dog too)..There will not be six adults weighing 180 lbs each in the truck (isn't that how they figure these weight calcs).

700' hardpack driveway ..plowing at 2200' elev on spine of Greens in VT. Good deal of deep snow.

2. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

as much as i hate to say it but meyer makes a plow for that truck...
  3. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Try Sno-Way...www.snoway.com

Fisher does not make a mount for the SD plow for a Tundra.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Between the 2, I'd go with a Sno-way over a meyer unit.
  5. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

snoway all the way. you should look in to the mega blade for that truck. you and your dog will love itwesport
  6. lumps

lumps Senior Member

I've never used a Snoway, but hear good things about them. I absolutely hated my Meyer when I had it.
  7. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

theres one good thing about a meyer plow. they are very very easy to figure out what broke. ive have had to fix mine time and time again. very easy to work on. however i dont like working on plow pumps:realmad: