1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher SD MM2 No movement

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by snowdreaming, Jan 13, 2011.

1. snowdreaming

snowdreaming Member
    from Boston

After 18 hours of plowing with my standard duty fisher it finally crapped out on the last driveway (what timing eh?) It does not move at all. When I press the controller in either direction or up it just sounds like a motor racing and when I let go of the direction it stops. It is 2 years old
  2. ETMegabyte

ETMegabyte Member

Sounds like the pump needs to be rebuilt. Maybe a gasket or something let go? It sounds like it powers up, but does not move any fluid... Hence, no plow movement...

Couple of thoughts as to how I got to this conclusion. The pump "racing" means that there's no resistance... It's not "pushing" any fluid around. If it were a stuck valve or something like that, it would sound like the plow motor is bogging down...
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  3. snowdreaming

snowdreaming Member
    from Boston

I brought this to Madigans, a dealer and they said it was covered under warrant, 2 years. They replaced the pump and said that fisher had a bad batch of pumps during this time. Interesting. amazed I diddnt have to pay a dime.