1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher SD 7.5' Backdragging

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by charlie8370, Feb 12, 2010.

1. charlie8370

charlie8370 Junior Member

Have new SD for my Silverado for driveway plowing since ematch didn't allow for 7.5'HD on my truck. Went with SD and am happy with it but even though it weighs more than the new HT series it doesn't have the downpressure to scrape clean when backdragging. So I was wondering if adding a 3/8x6 steel edge over the poly edge will improve backdrag results. I've heard mixed opinions about doing this, some say take off the poly edge first, others says definately keep poly on and add atop poly with longer bolt kit. Will added weight of doing this make a difference and if so will it damage the lift cylinder...suggestions please...thanks?!

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I would look into a back drag edge myself. You can do a search on here, and you will find many solutions that will work.

3. charlie8370

charlie8370 Junior Member

Thanks- are you sure anyone offers a backdrag blade for the SD, because I have struck out with all research