1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher sander motor

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JayFan75, Feb 7, 2016.

1. JayFan75

JayFan75 Junior Member

My Fisher Polycaster stopped "spinning" out sand....but the conveyer works fine. The belt looks slightly chewed up/worn....so I am going to replace/adjust that.

My question is: The motor for the spinner works fine.....but I'm not sure it's working under "load"???? When I test the motor on the bench, I can stop the small belt holder/knob with my hand....should I be able to do this???? I can stick a screwdriver in the motor vents and stop the copper brushes....but still spin the belt holder knob. Does the motor have some sort of a "pressure limit" per say.....so it can't burn out, or strip the belt if it encounters a large rock or something???? Or is the motor toast??? Appreciate the help!