1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher sander electronic throttle issue

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Abchoppers, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Abchoppers

Abchoppers Junior Member
    from Ny

Hey all, I have a stainless fisher sander with a Briggs and Stratton motor. The issue I'm having is with what I believe is the electronic throttle. The wiring was a mess when I got the sander, so I'm basically starting fresh. There are two wires from the throttle control, a brown and a red. When I put a ground to the red, and a hot to the brown, the throttle moves one way. When I reverse the ground and hot it moves the other way. Great, but how do I now wire this to a toggle switch? Seems like each wire needs a hot and a ground at some point, but how do I keep it from shorting? I'm sure it's a simple solution but its going over my head.

Thanks for any help

2. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

You can use a reversing switch to control your throttle. It swaps the polarity of the wires giving you the desired result.

3. Abchoppers

Abchoppers Junior Member
    from Ny

Thanks Buster, I searched reverse polarity toggle switches and actually think I have one. I found an article on how to wire it, so I think I'm on the right track now. Thanks again for your help

4. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

No sweat - good luck

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

it should be a 6 pin dpdt switch. make sure the switch "springs" back to center when let go or you'll burn out the acuator

6. Abchoppers

Abchoppers Junior Member
    from Ny