1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Relay Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by thegreeny1, Dec 29, 2011.

1. thegreeny1

thegreeny1 Junior Member

I just got done hooking the plow up on my 93 Sierra, It is a Minute Mount with the 2 relay setup. Been troubleshooting it through some posts I have read but cant find the same kind of issue. I have power to my hydraulics on the plow, it lifts, lowers, and angles just fine. I just cant get my headlights to work. When I plug in the harness nothing happens, the truck lights stay on. I have tried a few different things, I replaced the relays, and tested the light proms on the relay for power. And that is all fine. The only thing now with the truck, is that the blinkers blink real fast. Just wondering where I should look next? I have no park lights or lights whatsoever on the plow. Thanks for any help.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Is the plug attached to the grill?If so its probably plowside.I would check by pulling back the protection behind the plug itself and see if you have any broken wires.The wiggling from disconnecting the plugs the wires come loose or even break from the pins making little or no connection.Start by checking plowside and then move to truckside.If the plug is attached to the grill it doesn't move as much but check just to be sure. If they are broken you can buy a repair harness.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If the plow parks don't work and the headlamps don't switch over then most likely you either don't have the park wire connected correctly, or at all. The relays use the park lamp input from the truck to trigger the relays, thus switching the headlamps from the truck to the plow. Without it the headlamps won't switch.

4. thegreeny1

thegreeny1 Junior Member

Alright, Thanks for the help guys. I will check into it tonight.

5. thegreeny1

thegreeny1 Junior Member

Just got it working, The splice didnt go through on the park light tap. Thanks a lot for the help.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Excellent but ditch the quick taps as they're nothing but problems, either now or in the future once corrosion sets in. That's why a GOOD install doesn't use them and instead includes soldering the connections in. Much much better reliability.

7. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

X2

add more text to meet the minimum text count