1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher RD MM 7'6"

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by streetsurfin', Nov 13, 2007.

1. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Picked this plow up last spring (my first fisher) and am just now looking it over good. I see that my FishStick has no Float Light and apparently no float function. What literature I have seen on the FishStick shows a float function with a green light below the power light. I do not have that. Have I just got an early edition and no float capabilities? I have hooked up a Western Joystick and float works when using it. Am I correct to assume if I want to use this FishStick I will have to continue to hold the down button for it to float while hitting grade changes, ramps, gutters and the like? Thank you kindly!
    [​IMG]

2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I'm going out on a limb (because I use the joystick, not the Fishstick) and say that if you hit lower twice, it will float. The first lowers it, the second would make it float. Others will verify or correct me!

~Kevin

3. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

im pretty sure you have to hold the down button for 2 seconds for float to engage - Nick

4. streetsurfin'

Thanks, I'll give the old double click a try.

5. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i'm sure you will love the plow (its a fisher) but let us know how much you love it anyway when you get some use out of it. :D

6. streetsurfin'

I'll try that too.

Seems Westerns have been the most common around here, maybe up until the last several years anyway. Those are what I am most used to. I guess the biggest difference I am wondering about is how the trip edge will differ in those crusty sleet/heavywetsnow/sleet events we get. The westerns always seemed to scrape well enough while tripped. I'll post back after we get some crystals.

7. streetsurfin'

The two second hold worked, whereas the double click did not. Thanks all!:waving:

8. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

glad you got it figured out! good luck with the plow. - Nick

9. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Thought it MIGHT have been it, as that's how the joystick functions. Never used the Fishstik, and I don't know if I'll ever get one (well, I know I will if I get a V).

Glad you got it squared away