1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LB Landscaping, Oct 6, 2002.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I am looking to buy a used fisher plow for my 88 GMC 1 ton so I can use it as a back up. Do I need to buy brand specific (GMC or Chevy) set up or can I buy whatever I find. I will be having it installed at my local fisher dealer.

2. GreginAlaska

GreginAlaska Junior Member
    from Alaska

I'm not totally positive, but I bet the part that bolts onto the truck is specific to it but the rest is the same.
    BTW we use a 9'6" Fisher and my wife's business name is LC Landscaping :D

3. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Yeah I was pretty sure the push plates were specific but was wondering about the rest of the set up. Will the push plates on my truck fit any 7 1/2 or 8 ft fisher plow???

4. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

LB, some frames for the 7.5 are smaller. some 7.5s will fit the 8ft frame. Have a friend with the small frame on his 90 gmc 3/4 ton and bought a 8ft for it . The A frame on the 8ft was to wide . he had to stay with the 7.5.

5. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Thanks sl!!! Do you know if other than that if the controls/hook-ups made for pretty much any make???

6. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

All my fisher plows (7.5 rd 7.5 ld 8.5 v-plow 8.5 hd) all fit on my ford so my push plates fit all my plows, as for controls you can run them all off the same control except the v-plow because it needs a different controller and different plug-in due to the extra modes for the v-plow.

7. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Thanks P&J:D

8. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Are you talking about a Fisher Minute Mount or the old style conventional mount?

This needs to be clarified before you start talking compatibilty.

All RD Minute Mounts and V-plows will interchange at the push plat. LD plows are smaller at the plates.

I think (not sure) that there were 3 different A-frame to hitch pin mount sizes on conventional plows. I know my Toyota 7ft is 19" and I know of another 7ft with a 22 inch and I thought my old 8-9ft plows had an even bigger spread.

Verify what plow you are asking about.

Also lots of information can be found on the Fisher website.

9. LB Landscaping

from Maine

I am looking at a 7 1/2 MM and an older style 8ft.