1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by briboy, Dec 31, 2014.

1. briboy

briboy Junior Member
    from Oxford

I am new to the site.
    I have had trucks with plows and have been plowing for other people for a long time. However I have never installed a plow before and certainly not on a late model truck. My last one was a 96 Ford F150 that was installed from The dealer. so maint was easy.

I Currently have a 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500, I bought an early 2000s Fisher MM1 6'9" and a complete 4 port Harness that came from a 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500. So I know it will fit my needs. Somehow I feel I should explain my purchase. I bought the small plow because I only need to plow my driveway and a small 30 car parking lot within a mile of my home and it is a tight lot so the smaller plow should suite me just right.

Question:
    There is a Faded Red or Pink wire in the Driver Headlight harness. For the life of me I cant seem to find documentation that tells me what this wire is for. Common Sense tells me it is for the DRL. Is this a correct Assumption?

Thank you for assisting

Brian

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

You're correct. That wire is to be spliced into the daytime running lamp circuit on the truck, if you wish to have your plow lamps operate as DRLs. It's doesn't have to be utilized if you don't want.

3. briboy

briboy Junior Member
    from Oxford

Thank you and you answered my other question (Does it have to be hooked up?)

Looks like I am all set, it was actually pretty easy once I got going.

Now when the new controller gets here on Friday I should be able to connect her up and everything will work as planned.....LOL....

And if it does I will be asking what the proper procedure is for changing its oil.

4. briboy

briboy Junior Member
    from Oxford

Installed new controller and everything seems to be working as it should except the low beams.

I checked all the wires and that part looks good, I checked the bulbs and they are fine.
    I even swapped the 4 Port unit and the problem persists.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
    Brian

5. cubicinches

What are the part numbers off the individual plug-in harnesses? The ones from positions 3 & 4 that go to the vehicle's lights. There should be tags on them with the part numbers.

6. briboy

briboy Junior Member
    from Oxford

First let me say thank you again
    And the 4 port is 26135 rev 2

Not sure what one is what those were the numbers I had written when I was looking up the install manual.

7. cubicinches

If those are the actual part numbers from the harnesses you have, 26360 and 26361 are the wrong ones for your application. You need 26351 and 26352. The ones you have are for a positive common system, and your truck is a negative common system. They can be modified to work. It will require switching some of the pins around in the connectors at each end of both harnesses.

8. briboy

briboy Junior Member
    from Oxford

I am fully capable of doing that do you have or know where I can obtain the scematic for those changes?
    The guy I bought this setup from had it in a 2006 Chevy 1500 mine is a 2005
    It was installed and removed by a fisher dealer. I would think if that is all true those changes would have been made.

9. cubicinches

The 26360 and 26361 are compatible with 1999-2002 HB3/HB4 systems only. If they did indeed have it on a 2006, they may have already made the changes, and you could have a different issue with your low beams. Or... they're giving you the wrong info.

At any rate, your harnesses need to be configured like the 26351 and 26352, at both ends, as shown on page 42 here:

http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdffiles/22373.07_110108_for_Web.pdf

10. cubicinches

11. briboy

briboy Junior Member
    from Oxford

Made the switch and all is well.
    I can't thank you guys enough for pointing me in the right direction.

Brian