1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher question?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by leigh, Feb 7, 2014.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Posted this in fisher section, no replies so posting here sorry. Question- On a minute mount 2 three wire setup ,which wires go where on the pos and neg motor studs. I have the two power wires , one is black the other is orange /black. one small black/orange that comes from the valve section on back of pump housing, and a small orange/black that comes out of one of the light harnesses. I replaced pump seal and reinstalled everything and now the plow is sort of working badly.It will only raise a little before it sound s like its fighting something! sounds like water hammering that water pipes do sometimes. Thanx ps don't think its air bound,never had that this bad.

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The heavy red cable goes to the positive stud on the motor. The heavy black cable, along with the black/orange wires from the plow control harness and the lighting harness, go to the ground stud on the motor.

3. leigh

from CT

Thanks, I think I had the smaller wires on the positive terminal! I got 8 hrs of sleep after a couple of 3hr nights and found out its tough to do multiple repairs after plowing for 18hrs! Sat/sun storm is out of forecast so I can work like a gentleman now!

4. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I'm not sure what the original problem was...but if it was a motor swap, I knew a guy who had 3 bad "brand new" motors in one day.

5. leigh

from CT

spare motor I put on had the positive and neg studs reversed. I had wires on reversed (*******) :confused: