1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tunlrat, Feb 8, 2011.

1. tunlrat

tunlrat Junior Member
    from mass

MM2, i try to lift plow but while i do this it stalls out truck.Then i had to jump start truck.is it just the battery or is there something going on w/the plow?

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Does this only happen when you try to lift the plow?You could have a poor connection at battery cables,pump relief incorrectly adjusted,or worn or damaged motor or pump.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

My money is on a junk battery. The truck should be able to with stand a strain. Have the charging system tested.

4. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

my truck will stall while lifting the plow only when its rather cold and my auto starter is running the truck. other than that it never stalls. im guessing a bad batt or alt.

5. tunlrat

tunlrat Junior Member
    from mass

i hit the motor with a hammer this morning and the plow went up and worked fine any suggestions

6. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Tired motor putting a strain on your electrical system or you could have debris accumulation inside of the motor. Take your motor off and see if any silty cruddy debris that could cause binding of the armature comes out. I'd check out your truck's electrical system also like previously suggested to make sure it's not a combination of events.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I would also take the plastic cover off the back of the pump and make sure you have good connections at the solenoids.Then take the pump and open the pump and check the operation and of the valves.