1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher push plates

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowking35, Nov 10, 2001.

1. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I have a friend that is in need of push plates for a 87-91 F-250 conventional mount fisher plow. If anyone can help me out, I would be very greatfull.
    Dino

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

3. plowking35

from SE CT

Thanks for the link, but I have been there done that. 850.00 is to much just for push plates.
    Dino

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

$850???

Are the made of titanium?

I will keep an eye out. A lot of those around here are slowly dying and I see more and more parts every day.

What if he had to buy the the whole truck frame for a few hundred? I know junk yards that sell them off of trucks? I will check on Tues if you want.

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I was looking on that site,and wondering the same thing,their prices are double to triple what used stuff should go for,I dont know how they sell anything at all.

6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

The prices for complete plow packages are close considering they have been reconditioned.

The parts prices are high. I have not seen the quality but I remember buying plates from a fisher dealer once for well under that price.

7. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

Dino,

Aftermarket also has a used set listed for $375. That application may have the additional struts that tie back near the 3rd member, like the F150's do. This would explain the price.

Dave

8. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

Dino....

Call Southford Garage. They have a ton of stuff behind their shop, mostly old Fisher gear when I use to go browsing around up there. Its down in Southbury.

They are SIMA members also, so maybe they'll hook you up??

I think their website is www.southford.com.

Hope this helps!

9. plowking35

from SE CT

Yes he will take an entire frame kit, and or complete package if the price is right.
    Dino

10. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I will be down at a yard on Tues or Wed looking for some other stuff. I will mention it to them and let you know.

11. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Dino,

Check out the Bargain News, I seem to recall a lot of plow and plow part advertisements in there last week.

Jeff

12. plowking35

from SE CT

Jeff
    There was one fisher complete set up for those years but it was sold. Thanks anyway.
    Dino

13. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow Senior Member

Jeff,

Was there any 8 1/2' Western Pro-plows, unimount style for sale?

14. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Aspen,
    Maybe Jeff has some in mind, but in the meantime you can check it out at www.bargainnews.com.

HTH

15. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

dino- i talked to mike_plow today, and he wanted to contact you about push plates. he has some at his shop for the 87-91. his computer is down, and he can't access this site. contact me for more info if interested, he wants $200.

bryan

16. al2275

al2275 Junior Member
    from NJ

HEy Guys,maybe you can help. Im also looking for mounts. They are for a Fisher mm1 for a 94 Ford f150. Anyone seen any listed any where?

17. chaunceyandjen

chaunceyandjen Junior Member

in need of push plates

Hello i also need push plates for a fisher conventional plow that can go on a 2002 dodge ram 1500 if anyone nos a website or a place where i can order some that would be great u can contact me through email my name is chauncey and my email is chaunceywarner@yahoo.com TY.

18. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I will check at the shop when I go in on tuesday. I believe i have what you need. i can be reached at 937 287-6808