1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Pumpmate

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CT18fireman, Oct 27, 2002.

1. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Fisher used to make an item for old belt drive systems that would allow you to mechanically disengage the pump in the off season without removing the belt. It was called a pumpmate. Anyone know if it is still available or of another similiar product?
  2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

It only lasted a few years, then it was dropped. Fisher may still be able to get you parts.

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Buyers products has the part you are thinking of available. Have had limited success with it (as did fisher ) that's probably why fisher dropped it from marketing. They probably still make the part if you e-mail them. or call for buyers info. Jerre
  4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

What was the problem that you had with it?

Can you get a part number for the Buyers? I am sure they must have a few like Fisher did. I went onto Fisher's site and saw the numbers. I am going to shoot them an e-mail to check on ordering one.
  5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

I remember that thing very well my father told me how he wished they sold a part like that for the pumps back when he had his fishers. I still have the original flyers in my folders of plow brochures. if u want i could check that for what the part numbers were.

6. Mike Plow

Mike Plow Junior Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2002
  7. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I am hoping that it will work on a Diamond pump. I think it will because the pumps are the same as far as I can tell. It is very time consuming to remove the belt on my buddies truck because it is inboard of two other accessory belts. Thought the pumpmate would be a good route and cheaper then converting over to a electric clutch pump. The beltdrive system still works great so no sense in not using it.
  8. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

Cheap and easy drive belt back up

I run one belt on the jeeps with the Monarch Hy-lo lift. Just moved the pump forward enough to get one long belt all around the water pump, alternator and crank and hy-lo. And yes definitely keep spares in the trucks when plowing.

However, I did learn a trick from an old salt mechanic for my boat. The raw water pump belt was the most inward belt and replacing it meant taking off two other belts, not something I wanted to do in a seaway in an emergency. What he told me to do was to mount another water belt back behind the pulley and to wire it the coolant hoses and pump bracket in such a way that it would not touch anything including the crankshaft pulley! Then put the other two belts back in place on their respective pulleys.

In the event the existing water pump belt died out, I would simply losen the salt water pump, slide it forward, untie the spare belt from the brackets and and put the new belt in place over the pulleys, adjust the tension and off I go. I could leave the other two belts in place, not having to remove or adjust them.

Great idea I thought but I never had to put it to the test, still nice to have the security on a boat when you might need it. Still was in place when I sold the boat.
  9. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Not possible to run all off one belt.

I have the same setup on my boat.
  10. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Mike Plow did you get my e-mail? I am interested in obtaining one.