1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher pump

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by luciani634, Dec 18, 2007.

1. luciani634

luciani634 Member

Make sure you check your pump filter fisher told me to used a new one every 2 years. When i open my pump up i found that the filter tube was not in all the way and if that came out nothing would work that can make it a bad day. With the new filter it came with a bracket that bolts to the pump so the tube will not come out. Here are some pic to see what i am talking about.

PC140034.JPG

PC140032.JPG

PC140037.JPG

2. AUB1

AUB1 Member

Well this pisses me off a bit. I went to the fisher dealer here asking for a filter. I have never changed one so I didn't know what to look for. He gave me just the oval filter, thats all. Not the tube, nor the bracket. I looked at the old filter system that was on it and it looked good and clean so I left it....I tryed to get the oval filter off the tube and it wouldn't budge and I didn't want to force it. You see I'm having a problem with my plow freezing up and I know it's going to happen again because the fluid looked really good...I'm getting a little off topic here. Yeah the dealer here said what he sold me wae the right thing. I have an '04 mm2....this Guy was obviously wrong wasn't he? Thanks a lot