1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher pump whinning really loud??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Maleko, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

8' X-Blade my pump stsrted tyo whine when it gets cold , so i was told there was water in the fluid, So i drained it removed the lines to the pistons to let the fluid out from there as well, Refilled with new Fisher hydrolic oil and it still screams i think even louder,???? can it be airbound. ? When I refilled the pump it was in a warm garage, and it didnt make any noise but as soon as it was outsde for an hour it started to whine, is there still water in there??? Help...
    Thank you...
  2. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

does that to mine when cold, but when move around it getts going ans stops.
  3. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Mine too i actually just got mine back from the shop because of that noise.They said they couldnt find anything wrong.Only seems to do it when its really cold.
  4. hillmin

hillmin Junior Member

Mine does the same thing when it's idle in very cold temperatures of zero or below.
    After I warm up the truck on these colder days, I've noticed if I rev the engine slightly while lifting the blade for the first time it doesn't make any noise. After I've used it some the noise stops.