1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher pump runs no cylinder action

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tastebeer, Dec 11, 2008.

1. tastebeer

tastebeer Member

Hooked up fisher minute mount, motor runs but plow will not raise or angle. Any ideas?

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Did you happen to check the fluid level?

3. BigLebowski

BigLebowski Junior Member

I am no expert on this stuff but I will share my experience.

I was losing right - left angle intermittently and yet I could hear the electric motor running and the lights would dim and it was a short in the wiring. I was told the motor got the signal but the valves weren't opening.

Then I lost right - left and down (not up thank god) and it was the controller.

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

check oil. water present? (milky oil) check plow grill connectors. have someone run the controller and you move the wires around back and forth at the plugs.

5. tastebeer

tastebeer Member

fixed

figured it out, the fish stick was sending power to the pump but not too the solenoids. put on new controller and it works

6. BigLebowski

BigLebowski Junior Member

Yeah that was my issue.

I have to say that I will never show any brand loyalty towards any plow manufacturer that sets the standard to have dealers charge me over $300 for a wired remote that does FAR LESS than my wireless universal TV remote does for $8. My TV remote sees more action in a years time than my plow remote ever has and yet it works like the day I bought it. But I had to replace two different controllers on two different plows in the past two years. No way will anybody ever convince me that there is anything more than greed behind their pricing. I mean we are not talking about the complicated engineering behind the making of an automobile here. I am way more comfortable paying OEM prices for my truck than I do for my plow.

Snoway is no way innocent here but at least their HAND controller was only $125!

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Just about blew Iced Tea all over my monitor trying not to laugh at that. Have a remote thats held together with duct tape, if it acts up, just give it a shake and its good to go again.

You guys do know that the boards in the fisher and western controllers are replaceable, dont have to buy the whole darn thing.